Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Network migration starting with squid.. help
  • From: linuxgirlie <linuxgirlie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:09:20 +0000 (UTC)
Ok,

I like have dansguardian with squid, as its a dual layer and each has there
own little bits and pieces that are good. For example squid has time
banning, so instead of banning just all games sites you just restrict them
to break, lunch, before and after school...well you do if your nice like me
;)

We use squid for the authetcation. But am not sure what you mean about keep
re-typing passwords as we have to also only if we shut firefox down. Its a
safety thing, you wouldn't want someone to go to a computer which has
someone logged in and just be able to get straight onto the internet as its
remembered that persons password!!

Apart from that I find it does the job, and I haven't had any complaints so
I find its fine!!

Jo

ps. Adrian, I thought you had fallen in a well or something or even
worse....gone over to the dark side......
< Previous Next >