Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Long awaited BECTA report
  • From: Christopher Dawkins <cchd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 21:46:43 +0000 (UTC)

> http://www.becta.org.uk/corporate/press_out.cfm?id=4681

Can anyone tell me what page 23 of the pdf is supposed to show?

There are four obvious miscalculations on page 22. Right two columns,
rows "For Curriculum" and "For Administration", the 2x2 block

31 35
52 467

should be, in my view

93 54
31 35

As well as this, has anyone worked out why the LAN/WAN costs should be so
different? In particular why the WAN costs for OSS should be over double
that for proprietary, while the WAN link costs should be 13%? I have
logged into the site and looked at the figures, but remain baffled.

I suppose the figures are small, so with a small sample size small
variations will have large effects.

--
Christopher Dawkins, Felsted School, Dunmow, Essex CM6 3JG
01371-822698, mobile 07816 821659 cchd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx