code red
  • From: Phil Driscoll <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:44:28 +0000 (UTC)
In case anyone is interested, I've been reviewing the web logs on my ADSL
connected Linux box at home and on my production web server which lives at
Legend in Bradford (and is an NT4 box running IIS - although patched up to
the eyeballs and not running index server - and also, before anyone comments,
will be replaced by a Linux box next week!).

My linux box here runs with a packet filter, but has an open port 80 which I
need for work. It was attacked 9 times on the 19th July and 35 times in the
last day.

The figures for the NT box were 24 times on 19th July, and 28 times during
the last day.

For anyone wanting to check their own weblogs, an attack is characterised by
a request for /default.ida with a very long query string.

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll

< Previous Next >