Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] encyclopedias
  • From: "Edgehill e-mail service" <edgehillit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 07:57:26 +0000 (UTC)
Sadly, we have not yet found a suitable replacement, but I gather that
Britannica (a far better alternative, being Euro-centric, rather than
USA-centric) is in HTML format with its own search engine on-board.

My assistant-guru is currently trying to get it to install and run under
Wine, but no joy so far. It may be that one of the Linux search engines
(big choice for Apache) will be able to be modified to mimic the Britannica
functions?

Regards,
Paul Ellison
ICT Manager