Re: [Wylug-help] Apache logs suddenly truncated
  • From: "Frank Shute" <shute@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 00:24:14 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 03:39:58PM +0000, Nik Jewell wrote:
> Jim
>
> Thanks for replying. The apache server not the box.
>
> I'm no expert on syslog.d working with http.d, but what I read from the logs is this:
>
> Every three months /var/log/messages [Ie. NOT the Apache logs] is rotated by a
> cron job at 4.03 AM.
>
> Every time this happens the Apache error_log states that a SIGHUP was recieved
> and Apache has restarted.

<snip>

So logrotate is configured to give the Apache logs a HUP. Have a look
at /etc/logrotate.conf or more likely under /etc/logrotate.d/ to see
what else logrotate is doing with your Apache logs. On my machine this
is where packages dump their logrotate configs including Apache.

--

Frank

| Boroughbridge | Tel: 01423 323019 | PGP keyID: 0xC0B341A3 |
http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/

  • No further messages