Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Routing
On Fri, 02 Feb 2001, Nick Drage wrote:
> On 1 Feb 2001, at 0:54, Dan Kolb wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Dave Williams wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > > How would I do this?
> >
> > If you're using Linux, something fairly similar to "route add -net
> > 172.19.50.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 172.19.50.2". Under Windows, I'm
> > not so sure; I haven't played with it.
>
> On Windows 2000 ( same for NT IIRC ) if you go into the Networking
> GUI:

<snip NT>

Under Win95, I've just had a look. Right click Network Neighbourhood, and go
to Properties. Select TCP/IP and go to properties. Go to the Gateway tab. The
first gateway listed is the default gateway. Then, type the other machine's
IP address in - i.e. 172.19.50.2. OTOH, I'm not sure if that's really going
to help. Darn.

> > > Thanks again
> >
> > No problem :) It's what I'm (usually lurking) on this list for.
>
> Excellent explanation of subnet masking, you should lurk less :)

Thanks :-) But most questions are on Squid, and I haven't played with it,
other than "install it and it works". I tend to answer questions which I know
the answer to :)

Dan
--
dankolb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Oxford University Computer Society Secretary

--I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any comments or
opinions expressed; don't trust everything you read above--

< Previous Next >
List Navigation