Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Posting advice - was (Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] OSE Conference)
  • From: "Mark Evans" <mpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:44:56 +0000 (UTC)
> Hi,
>
> I think this has mentioned before but not specifically highlighted (
> apologies if I'm mistaken ), due the number of schools on the list and
> their censorship software it is unadviseable for posts to contained

Actually the problem appears to be one specific piece of broken software
run by RM. Which given this history of such software (and the cowboys
who typically produce it) may well be objecting to any mention of RM
which is not "worship".

More specifically it is a very bad idea to censor by content anything
directed to someone in a system admin role. How then can users complain
about being sent abusive email?

[snip the rest which explains how to deliberatly attempt to circumvent
such software]

--
Mark Evans
St. Peter's CofE High School