Quotas
  • From: Dave Williams <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:07:07 +0000 (UTC)
I've decided to set up a SuSE based file server. All I want is Samba so I
did a minimal install (SuSE 6.4) and added Samba 2.0.7

I now realise that quotas are not added by default. I've added "quota" but
it warns me that the kernel must support them. How do I find out if my
kernel does and then how do I activate them?

I assume a change must be made to fstab but what?

I've also seen reference to user and group quota templates but they are
also a mystery - where do they go and what do they consist of?

Dave Williams