OSE Seminar / Conference
  • From: Alan Harris <alanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:39:00 +0000 (UTC)

Many thanks to Malcom Herbet, Becta et al for an excellent day. It was
well worth attending.

While there is obviously a lot of distrust and anxiety coming from
'those in authority' concerning Open Source, it is also obvious that the
future is also Open Source. Well done Malcom for treading the fine line
- a difficult task concerning Becta's position!

Thanks also to Martin and Damien for some excellent presentations.

For those of you who missed the event, don't knock Becta, they're
treading a very fine and difficult line here. Malcom and company need
support, not flames, for thier work and support of Open Source.

As a side result of this event, it would be apprieciated if those of you
interested in developing Open Source School Administration systems would
get in contact with myself so that we can exchange ideas and
experiences. I'm quite prepared to make the results of my investigations
in this area available to anyone who is interested.

Alan Harris
Network Manager
Bryngwyn School
alanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx