Re: [opensuse-doc] openSUSE documentation
On 10/10/2019 07:45, Ish Sookun wrote:
Hi Lana,

On 10/8/19 10:13 AM, Lana Brindley wrote:
I would definitely advocate for contributing to the docs in the repo rather
than the wiki, though, just to avoid silos. The whole point of open source
is to give back, and we can't do that if we're contributing in our own
sandbox.

Happy to help anyone who might like some pointers on using github or docbook.

Also, the docs mailing list has been reactivated, so feel free to chat
further there (it's in cc).

I forked the repo and was able to build PDFs using daps. So, I believe I
have the environment to start working on the doc.

Great!

Now, the next question is that some folks from openSUSE Asia and I
wanted to work on containers documentation. Currently, there is only a
few paragraphs about containers in the openSUSE Virtualization doc.

We think it might be more helpful to have a separate openSUSE Containers
doc that covers MicroOS, Kubic and the various tools such as kubeadm,
podman, buildah etc.

What would you advise?

Sounds like a new doc would be warranted, that's a lot of content. Unless you
want to start by adding a chapter to the Virt doc, and then we can split it out
on its own later on?

Lana

--
Lana Brindley
@Loquacities

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you
can make words mean so many different things."