Re: [opensuse-doc] How can i uses SVN to translate the openSUSE 12.2 manual
  • From: Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gardet@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 16:52:17 +0200
Hi,

Le 05/10/2012 16:46, Luiz Fernando Ranghetti a écrit :
2012/10/5 Flashbang <flerxu@xxxxxxxxx>:
I want to translate the manual into a Chinese version , but the wiki
page " Documentation Contribute " gets me dizzy for it tells little
about how . Anyone could help me ? Thanks!

Hi,

The 'official' workflow to translate the documentation manual is to
translate the 'en' xml files on the openSUSE SVN

http://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/opensuse-doc/trunk/documents/distribution/
-> for visualization

Or if you are not comfortable translating xml files and prefer .po
files I have a 'not official' server with .po files managed at
www.vertaal.com.ar

In any way, its a huge task ;-)

I'm thinking that maybe we can create a task for Google Code-In to
joint and automatizate these two forms of translating, what do you
guys think?

French (fr) use POT/PO files with some script in openSUSE SVN:
http://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/opensuse-doc/trunk/documents/distribution/fr/

We generate POT files from english XML, then create/update french PO files,
then translate those PO files, then generate translated XML files from french
PO files and english XML files and finally generate HTML or PDF files from
translated xml files.

If needed we could move the POT folder out from FR so that all languages have
access to it.

If you have any comments or questions, please ask.

Guillaume

Regards,

Luiz