Re: [opensuse-doc] Re: Novell / opensuse documentatie vertalen
On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:02:33 +0200 MadMax wrote:

Hi,

I committed my first xml file.

congratulations!!

I don't mean the element names. I meant things like &instquick and
&productname. Where are these defined?

These things are called entities. Some entities are already predefined
by DocBook - I think (but am not sure) these are the same as for HTML:
(&amp; = &, &lt; = <, &gt; = >,...).

But DocBook also allows to define your own entities - useful to define
shortcuts (&sls; = SUSE Linux Enterprise Server) and useful for string
that may change in the future (&product; = Workingtitle).
Our custom entities are defined in

xml/entity-decl.ent
xml/network-decl.ent

--
Regards
Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755; http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF:
Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend├Ârffer, HRB 16746 (AG N├╝rnberg)