[opensuse-doc] license texts update
  • From: Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:00:52 +0200
Hi!

I've walked throught he various license related files
common_copyright_quick.xml
common_copyright_opensuse.xml common_copyright_sle.xml common_legal.xml
common_gplv2_i.xml common_gfdl_i.xml

in our internal and external repositories and edited them to
look more appealing. At least more appealing to me.
I am half lawyer half developer, so your milage may vary.

* The full texts of GFDL and GPL now appear exactly as written by the FSF.
There were some minor edits, that we are not entitled to do.

* The copyright line of the GFDL boiler plate now says
"(C) 2006-2010 Novell Inc. and contributors. All rights reserved."
instead of several other forms, none of which honored any non-Novell
contributors. (The term 'All rights reserved' is a nice-to-have for
layers, but has no factual effect -- it bows to the terms of the GFDL.)

* Call the licenses GPLv2, GFDLv2.1 instead just GPL and GFDL.

Dinar, I also touched some files under */ru/, where I understood the english.
Please let me know if I messed up something. Hope not :-)

cheers,
JW-

\ | 0911 74053-508 __/ (____/ /\