Re: [opensuse-doc] request for ru branch for susebook on berlios
  • From: Luiz Fernando Ranghetti <elchevive68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 02:22:07 +0000
2010/4/20 Frank Sundermeyer <fs@xxxxxxx>:
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:36:59 +0200 Dinar Valeev wrote:

Hi Dinar,

Hello Juergen,

Thanks, I've got write access!

we are currently investigating how to best manage community
translations. Would you mind explaining your translation process and
the tools you are using, so we will be able to better understand your
needs?

--
Regardsiu
       Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755;  http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)

Hi, we (pt_BR translation team) actually use an external svn
(http://code.google.com/p/opensuse-startup-pt-br/downloads/list) with
xml converted to .po format (more suitable to the rest of team) and I
do the convertions (xml -> po, po -> xml and xml -> pdf) and the
workflow is the same as Dinar (easy and short firsts, more advanced
later); For 11.2 release we manage to have the startup and all the
quick guides translated, this time we aim the kde and gnome books.

Regards,

Luiz