Re: [opensuse-doc] Opensuse KDE Documentation
  • From: Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:44:34 +0100
Hi Burkhard!

On Mar 10, 10 15:44:40 +0100, Burkhard Lück wrote:
Hallo Doku-Wichtl,

Wow, a surprisingly correct and welcomed salutation. :-)

I am working since some years in the german translation team and in the kde
documentation team.

A few days ago I accidently found this page
http://www.novell.com/documentation/opensuse112/ with a KDE User Guide and a
KDE Quickstart Manual for KDE 4.

Good you found us! Though 'accidently' makes me worry a bit. :-)

I am writing here for several reasons:

* using modified parts of these documentation in KDE.
The documentation is Copyright 200-2009 Novell Inc. and FDL licensed?

Yes, please do so. We publish under GFDLv2.1 - with a section containing
the text of GFDL2.1, marked as invariant section.
Is this an issue for the kind of modification you are planning?

I found source rpm's on download.opensuse.org, is there any other way to get
read-only access to the latest version of these docs in a repository?

We maintain our docbook sources in a subversion repo.
The good news is, we move this repo to a public location.
We are currently evaluating two options,
svn.opensuse.org and berlios.

* collaboration on updating/extending this documentation. It's strange
that two groups work on documentation for KDE whithout even
knowing each other and waste their limited time with duplicated work.

Good point. As soon as we have settled in one of the public repos, we
should be able to collaborate more easily.
E.g. through patches, or a writable subtree.

I plan to move forward with the svn next week.

cheers,
JW-

\ | 0911 74053-508 __/ (____/ /\