Re: [opensuse-doc] Re: questions for susedoc (Japanese fonts in susedoc)
  • From: Yasuhiko Kamata <belphegor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 21:26:08 +0900
Hello,

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:10:33 +0100
Thomas Schraitle <thomas.schraitle@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I've checked out your SVN repository and tested it with XEP. Some
graphic files were missing, but that's ok as you concentrate on the
text.

At first, I had some problems with an "out of memory error". Luckily
I could solve it with an export XEP_MEMORY="-Xmx1100m". After this
the PDF was created without errors.

You can see the results here:
http://www.suse.de/~toms/opensuse-man-ja/opensuse-html-xep.pdf
(It takes some time to synchronize.)

Oh, that's great!
Surely problems which appears on FOP disappeared;
I can see texts as expected.

So I'll use XEP instead of FOP from now.

If you don't mind, I would like to suggest some improvements in your
SVN repository:

1. Rename the ENV file ENV-opensuse-html as it is misleading. For
example, something like ENV-opensuse is probably enough. This applies
also to the directory. Maybe it is even better to move all the
contents in it one level higher and remove the directory alltogether.
But this is just an idea, maybe you want to structure it further.

2. Use separate ENV files to make it easier to build only Quick
Starts, User Guide or Administration Guide. The above PDF contains
1836 pages and on slower computers it takes ages. On computers with
less memory it will probably fail.

3. In some xml/book*.xml files, there is an attribute lang="en". This
should be lang="ja", but I guess, I already know that. :)

Thank you for advice.
SVN repository is now under constructing;
I'll arrange the structure later (after 50% completion or so).

Thanks,

--
Yasuhiko Kamata
E-mail: belphegor@xxxxxxxxxxxx