Re: [opensuse-doc] XSLT question - how to hide some items?
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:13:31 +0100
Hello,

on Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2008, Thomas Schraitle wrote:
On Monday 08 December 2008, Christian Boltz wrote:
I'll attach zypper output from 11.1 (and the updated XSLT file) in
case you want to test it.

Looks good. No complains so far. ;-)

Thanks for checking it!

[...]

If you really need this functionality, use
the document element from the EXSLT initiative, see [1].

The only functionality I need is "parse the XML and output
text/plain". I don't really care how or why it works as long as it
works ;-)

Well, you need it when you want to have more than one output files.

Then I really don't need it. There's only one /dev/stdout ;-)

[...]
I found a working solution:

<!-- messages, unless type="info" -->
<xsl:template match="message">
<xsl:if test="@type != 'info'">

You can omit the xsl:if clause with a predicate in "match" to make it
a bit more compact:

<xsl:template match="message[@type='info']">
^
Shouldn't it be "!=" instead of "="?

Maybe you need a another template to deal with general message
elements or with other message elements that contains other values in
your @type attributes. I haven't tested it. With your given XML file
both templates work.

Well, it's a matter of style not of functionality. :)

Then I'll keep the xsl:if ;-) and commit an updated patch2mail to the
buildservice later.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
Du wohnst nicht zufällig in Bielefeld?