Re: [opensuse-doc] XSLT question - how to hide some items?
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 12:39:35 +0100
Hello,

on Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2008, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I also changed my wrapper script to call zypper always with LANG=C
because I got some warnings about non-UTF8 input (I still use
ISO-8859-15 locale).

But why? The sooner you switch, the better.

Well, there are different reasons. For example, I have several
webservers running with ISO-8859-15. Uploading HTML documents with
UTF-8 encoding causes some interesting charset problems. And I'm not
planning to switch these servers to UTF-8 because this would mean to
change lots of (often customer's) files...

These days, using a non-UTF-8 encoding just hurts.

Well, it depends (see above) and I don't really need klingon characters
for my daily work.

Oh, and using ISO-8859-15 is quite useful while betatesting - I found
several charset problems this way which would have been unnoticed
otherwise ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
[wikibot] jfyi: we have an internal ruby script that works with
iChain. we used it for the SDB migration (did you really expect