Re: [opensuse-doc] Is this list alive? Cooperation with openSUSE-Education ?
  • From: Frank Sundermeyer <fs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:20:11 +0200
On Monday 08 September 2008 11:41:48 Lars Vogdt wrote:

Hi,

First: I haven't received a message from this list since Mar 2008 -
is this just a fault in my configuration or is this list really so
quiet?

this list is alive, but we are currently sleeping the sleep of the
just ;-))

The openSUSE-Education handout currently contains some package
descriptions for gcompris, italc, LTSP and Tuxpaint. Perhaps these
descriptions can also be used in the Lessons for Lizzards book?

Sounds good - could you point me to the sources?

Other question: I like to integrate some of the current LfL articles
(for example: the KDE-kiosk one) in the openSUSE-Education handout -
is this ok for you? Or should we find a better way for cooperation?
:-)

Lfl is licensed under the GFDL, so IMHO you can use it's contents as
long as the edu book is also licensed under the GFDL. I am not sure
whether you need permission from the author (if so, you have got mine
for the Kiosk chapter ;) ), you should probably ask J├╝rgen or Ciarran
to be sure (and please let us know).

--
Regards
Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755; http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)