[opensuse-doc] Is this list alive? Cooperation with openSUSE-Education ?
  • From: Lars Vogdt <lrupp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:41:48 +0200
Hi all

First: I haven't received a message from this list since Mar 2008 - is
this just a fault in my configuration or is this list really so quiet?

But my initial reason for "pinging" here is the great success in the
openSUSE Education team: we're using your "Lessons for lizzards" book
as base for our openSUSE Education handout [1]. Thanks for your great
work in this area of "pre-configuring" a useful book format in xml!

Currently I'm working to get the openSUSE-Education book build within
the build process of a RPM, so packaging pre-build pdf's and html (as
currently done in LfL) should not be necessary any more. Thanks to
Thomas who's helping me much in this area.

The openSUSE-Education handout currently contains some package
descriptions for gcompris, italc, LTSP and Tuxpaint. Perhaps these
descriptions can also be used in the Lessons for Lizzards book?

Other question: I like to integrate some of the current LfL articles
(for example: the KDE-kiosk one) in the openSUSE-Education handout - is
this ok for you? Or should we find a better way for cooperation? :-)

With kind regards,
Lars

[1]:
http://www.opensuse-education.org/download/repo/installation_on_10_3.pdf