Re: [opensuse-doc] [STYLE] Terminology for Sources from which Packages Are Installed
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:15:59 +0200
Rebecca Walter wrote:

What makes you say installation source is not very good? Only the possible conflict with program sources or do you have another concern?

I just want to make sure that I understand everyone's points.

if it was so good nobody would never have used any other thing and this discussion not happen :-)

the (may be) problem is "installation" is for most people the first time step, one "Install Linux" or "Install Windows". On openSUSE tree, inst_source is a freezed folder (the one used when the distro is released)

there is no "installation source repo" concept for the other OS where most packages are "auto-installables". Windows users can speak of "download center" or "archives folder"

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
Lucien Dodin, inventeur