Re: [opensuse-doc] [STYLE] Terminology for Sources from which Packages Are Installed
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:07:04 +0200
Rebecca Walter wrote:

Just to make sure I am understanding this properly, the thingie-you-install-from (generic wording to avoid bias, not a new proposal for terminology) has to have more data than just RPM packages to be usable, correct?

yes (indexes, PGP key... made by "createrepo", I think)

We have to make sure we know exactly what we are identifying, as I think this is a pretty significant point.

true

this term. That means _everyone_ from total newbie that never used a computer before to Linux geek who thinks slackware is the only real distro and just happens to be using openSUSE for some strange reason has to be able to understand what this term means.

this is a non accessible goal :-))

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net