Re: [opensuse-doc] [STYLE] Terminology for Sources from which Packages Are Installed
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:18:38 +0200
Rebecca Walter wrote:

In the past, we had consistently used installation source, but some things happened that cost us that consistency. So now we need to make an informed decision so we can encourage consistency again.

so the question is: do we keep "installation source" or use an other wording?

the problem comes from the "source" word, it can be confused with the programm source, often writen only "sources".

This given, very few users need or even know about progamm sources, so this problem may be secondary

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Lucien Dodin, inventeur