Re: [opensuse-doc] Re: All my articles in LfL updated to match SUSE Documentation Style Guide
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 19:05:33 +0200
On 1/31/07, Thomas Schraitle <thomas.schraitle@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Alexey,

On Dienstag, 30. Januar 2007, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> On 1/29/07, Alexey Eremenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi susers !
> >
> > Good news:
> > All my articles in LfL updated to match SUSE Documentation Style
> > Guide. (announced earlier today by Rebecca Walter)
> >
> > It took me just a few hours of work to read and accomplished
> > those recommendations.
> > I already commited the updated versions, so you judge the
> > "successfullity" of my undertaking.
> >
> > -Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"
>
> So what do you think?

* Omit quotes, if possible. I mean, the directly inserted one,
like "this". From a typographical point of view this looks ugly and
it depends on the language. Use always <quote>this</quote>. You get
the advantage it is fully localizable. In English you get "this", in
German „this" etc. depending on the language.

This is does not produce any warnings during "compile" time.

In addition, there is no "quotations" section in the SUSE docs style guide.
I think we need to add one.

* Yesterday I created an RPM package of xmlformat. This is a Perl or
Ruby script that can be applied to any XML files to get consistent
indentation. Few minutes ago I commited a configuration file for
xmlformat in common/config. You can run it with:

$ .../lessons4lizards/trunk/books/en> xmlformat.pl \
--config-file ../../common/config/docbook-xmlformat.conf \
xml/howto-swapfile.xml

The above command prints an indented version of your XML file to
standard out. If you want to replace it, add the additional
option --in-place. Search for help with "--help".

With xmlformat XML files are more legible and it's more consistent.
What do you think about this? :)

I will check this soon. I don't really understand it's concepts from
your short description.

I have concentrated more on technical and structural issues. Probably
Rebecca will answer the styleguide part.

Keep up the good work! :-)

Thanks.

-Alexey Eremenko. 1.2.2007.
Nry隊Z)z{.hs맲rz^ˬzuحڕ&ݱ隊Z)z{.hs^)z{.+