Re: [opensuse-doc] How about including some books with openSUSE ?
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:47:40 +0200
Comming up with 10.1 we could create "Add-on CDs". So perhaps we can
evaluate a list of packages which can be added to such an Add-on CD or
DVD comming out of the build service.

That's interesting. Do you have some info about those "Add-on CDs" ?
links plz.

I don't think that this CD or DVD will make it in the boxed version -
but having such a thing for download is perhaps an alternative?

If so, please begin and create a list of packages (and patterns) which
can be added to such a CD or DVD and discuss this on our factory
mailinglist...

I don't know what we have in our "SUSE Build Severs" so I can't select from it.
I do know, however, which Software I would like to see included on the
Add-On CDs.

Are you shure that this wouldn't be HD-DVD? ;-)

It might be - 15 GB isn't bad at all either.

But I don't think we've enough "whatever"-DVD Players installed in
Computers for 10.3...

Of course we won't have enough by 10.3. But Documentation in general
and LfL in particular aims to be a long-standing project,
aimed to exist in the next-decade future, so I thinking now about
openSUSE project's next step.

-Alexey Eremenko.