Re: [opensuse-doc] Good news: new year and new additions to LfL
  • From: Thomas Schraitle <thomas.schraitle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 13:11:17 +0100
Hi,

On Monday 08 January 2007 03:24, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> Another problem that I just came across is and sign"&":
>
> <!-- I'we got a serious problem here, the interpreter intercepts "&"
> sign within a URL, effectively preventing me from using any
> search engime results.
> <para>
> Nice demo videos:
> <ulink
> url="http://youtube.com/results?search_query=looking+glass+3d&search=Se
>arch"/> </para>

This is one of the specialities of XML. ;-)

The '&' (ampersand) character is reserved for entities. If you want to
have a single ampersand, you have to escape it by using "&amp;".

The corrected url is:
"http://youtube.com/results?search_query=looking+glass+3d&amp;search=Search";

(Of course it will be rendered as you wrote above.)

Bye,
Tom