Re: [opensuse-doc] LfL RFC
  • From: Frank Sundermeyer <fs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 21:48:40 +0100
On Thursday 21 December 2006 15:54, Alexey Eremenko wrote:

Hi,

> > > Unfortunately I dunno how-to open this format. It seems OO2 can't
> > > open that. How do you open it?
> >
> > Any texteditor wil do: Emacs, vi, Kate..whatever you want!
>
> yes, but text-editor opens that without formatting it properly. It's
> like opening HTML with text-editor.
> Is there any software that opens it correctly ? (need user-friendly
> editor)

AFAIK there is no such thing as a WYSIWYG XML/DocBook editor (I guess
that's what you are looking for). If you would like to see the book in
print layout you will have to build a PDF, for online layout build the
HTML version.
Please see
http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Lfl/Lessons_for_Lizards_Quickstart
for how to do that. (Please don't be scared off by the length of this
document - it is almost all about installing the software and getting
the XML sources. Once you have done that, you only need two commands:
make <target> and an occasional svn up).

Regards
Frank
--
Frank Sundermeyer, SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755; http://www.suse.de/