Re: [opensuse-doc] The openSUSE distribution chages are way ahead of documentation?
  • From: Sean Wheller <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:12:54 +0200
On Saturday 30 September 2006 10:53, Rajko M wrote:
> Please add your comments and ideas.
> Helping to organize documentation is just as important as to bring in
> the latest software version.

Rajko its worse than that.

SuSE documentation sources are not in a revision control repo despite the fact
that such a repo was setup. As such there is a barrier to entry for open
collaboration and contribution on documentation sources.

Once SuSE documentataion process embraces the open source workflow and
provides the infrustructure to support it, then the collective eye and brain
of the community can assist the doc team who at this point are just
developing in a hole.

To fix the problems you mention in a manner that is sustainable, we need to
address the above first. Then community and doc-team can move forward
together and discuss how this is going to work and what we can do to address
problems, make life easier.

Translators need input also and implimentation of the pot/po file format
generated from Docbook XML and places in a batch environment using diff etc
can help to reduce the workload.

Hope this helps,

--
Ask me about the Monkey.