Re: [opensuse-doc] svn co
  • From: Frank Sundermeyer <fs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:55:42 +0200
On Monday 14 August 2006 10:59, Sean Wheller wrote:

Hi,

> There is some logic behind distributing the sources in this way, but
> for collaborative development it seems rather inefficient. If forge
> has the SVN repo, I would have thought that this would be a perfect
> place for collaboration.
>
> Having to develop out of the rpm and tarbal source is a RPITA with it
> comes to creating patches and merging updates from everyone into the
> distributed working copies out there.
>
> While I have been using SuSE since version 8.0, I am new here, so
> please do correct me if I am wrong on this or have missed out
> something. probably not seeing the big picture at this point.

our xml sources are the single source for documentation for all SUSE
Linux / openSUSE based products (e.g. the former SUSE Linux, SUSE Linux
Enterprise Server, SUSE LInux Enterprise Desktop,...).
So each change to the sources may have an affect on the different
documentation sets we are building from this source. Therefore we need
to be extra careful when merging "3rd party" contributions into our
documentation.

So, we really appreciate feedback and user contributions, but need to
have full control on what goes back into our sources. Therefore
the "RPITA way" of accepting contributions ;-)).

--
Regards
Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755; http://www.novell.com/