Re: [opensuse-doc] Community docs in SUSE Linux
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:43:40 +0200
Am Saturday 22 April 2006 11:23 schrieb Alexey Eremenko:
> Hi all !
>
> I am a SUSE Linux community member - and I would like to discuss the
> possibility of including more documentation in SUSE Linux - and - what
> most important install those docs by default.
>
> Two important things to add:
> 1) Some "Advanced Installation" topics - this is already exists in
> openSUSE wiki.
>
> 2) "For Windows Users" - this should describe how to work with SUSE
> Linux - the KDE desktop, installation of MP3 and other codecs - and

installation of the codecs can only get described, if you describe also how to
pay license fees (which is basicaly impossible for an end-user afaik :/ ).

> where to find community help - such as Freenode IRC & Forums.
> All other Desktop OSes have this section - on Mac OS X & on each
> Windows there is a section for previous generation Windows users. SUSE
> Linux lacks here.
>
> maybe also add a few Free Linux books as optional rpms - such as
> "rute" and "maximum RPM".
>
> What do you think ?

The SUSE documentation team did plan to make it possible for everyone to use
the their resources (tools/services). So books/chapters could be written in
the same style. Unfortunatly they were very busy until now with SLES 10
documentation. We have the hope that this will improve when SLES 10 books are
out of the door :)

bye
adrian

--