Re: [opensuse-doc] Howto compile one chapter without ENV-SLPROF*?
  • From: Thomas Schraitle <thomas.schraitle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:22:08 +0100
Hi Pavel,

On Wednesday, 18. January 2006 13:58, Pavel Maryanov wrote:
> Subject.
> Once again, even for a single xml-file I need this environment
> configuration.

Yes. You need to source a ENV-* file to provide the necessary
information for the Makefile. For example, DTDROOT is an environment
variable which points to the path to our Novdoc DTD.

Of course, you can do everything manually, but that would be very
tedious and errorprone.

> Or I have to translate WHOLE manual? And then you'll
> provide me that file...

Well, if you want to translate only one chapter, be sure of some
conditions:

1. The files must be valid
2. The whole book must be valid

You can try to translate one chapter and process only this chapter.
For this purpose you have to use the ROOTID feature:

make pdf ROOTID=ID_OF_THE_CHAPTER

or

make html ROOTID=ID_OF_THE_CHAPTER

If you need a more permant solution, enter it in your ENV file.

> But now I what to check compiling just of one chapter: encoding,
> working with images, etc, to find possible problems at first steps.

I uploaded and corrected two manuals for this case which simplifies
the first steps (hopefully). At the moment there are two documents:

susemakedoc.pdf
This article describes our build structure, how to use and adapt it.

svndoc.pdf
It describes how to use Subversion, how to check out and things like
that. It is probably useful only for users which have commit
permissions.

> Maybe you don't needs in Russian translation, but our users will be
> very glad to get it.

I am looking forward to see more translated manuals. :-)

Bye,
Tom

--
Thomas Schraitle

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH >o) Technical Editor
Maxfeldstrasse 5 /\\ Documentation Team
90409 Nuernberg, Germany _\_v http://www.suse.com

< Previous Next >
List Navigation