Re: [opensuse-doc] Re: XML Source Codes for 10.0 available
  • From: Thomas Schraitle <thomas.schraitle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 11:32:15 +0100
Hi Pavel,

On Friday, 9. December 2005 11:19, Pavel Maryanov wrote:
> > > In Borges DMS it is much eaise to begin translation from
> > > scratch. Even compilation. Even for unexpirienced user.
> >
> > I don't know very much about this system. We choosed to design
> > our own because of our needs. We have to maintain different text
> > for different products and sometimes different architectures. To
> > maintain these sorts of texts can be complicated and probably
> > this system might be limited in this regard.
>
> It's just a funny. Every distro uses its own documentation system:
> * Mandriva - Borges DMS
> * Debian - DebianDoc-SGML
> * Slackware - FreeBSD Documentation Project
> * OpenSUSE - NovDoc
> * ...

Yes, it seems that of lot of wasted resources. :) However each distro
have different documentation restrictions and the system must be able
to take this into account. It seems that no system at the moment have
everything that is useful for all. But I might be wrong.

> And poor translators have to adopt to every of them :)
> OK.

Are the translators not everytime poor victims? ;)

> So now I'll begin translation at a first approximation.
> I'll have to do it in any case.

Which language do you want to translate into? :-)

Thanks,
Tom

--
Thomas Schraitle

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH >o) Technical Editor
Maxfeldstrasse 5 /\\ Documentation Team
90409 Nuernberg, Germany _\_v http://www.suse.com

< Previous Next >
List Navigation