Re: [opensuse-doc] Re: XML Source Codes for 10.0 available
  • From: Thomas Schraitle <thomas.schraitle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 09:14:47 +0100
Hi Pavel,

On Thursday, 8. December 2005 18:24, Pavel Maryanov wrote:
> Ufff...

I didn't say it is easy. ;-)

> Quotation from susemakedoc.pdf
> -------------
> 1. Adding a New Project
> <...>
> MAIN
> This is the MAIN file. The top level file of your document. All
> required files are included directly in this file, or in one of the
> included files. This file must exist in the xml subdirectory.
> -------------
>
> I don't see this file in downloaded xml source code.
> But I have to declarate it in me ENV-* file.

Yes, this file is missing. I will provide a new archive as soon as
possible.

> As I understood this MAIN file contains all structure of manual
> like a master.top.xml in Borges DMS (Mandriva). In other words it
> have to combine all xml-files in some order.

That's true. The MAIN*.xml file contains XInclude elements that point
to other chapters, appendices and such.

> I don't know its syntax.
> So can anyone provide this file to me?
> Or I just wrong understood idea of building docs?

No, you are right. The file is just missing.

> In Borges DMS it is much eaise to begin translation from scratch.
> Even compilation. Even for unexpirienced user.

I don't know very much about this system. We choosed to design our own
because of our needs. We have to maintain different text for
different products and sometimes different architectures. To maintain
these sorts of texts can be complicated and probably this system
might be limited in this regard.

Have fun,
Tom

--
Thomas Schraitle

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH >o) Technical Editor
Maxfeldstrasse 5 /\\ Documentation Team
90409 Nuernberg, Germany _\_v http://www.suse.com

< Previous Next >
List Navigation