Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-de (4938 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: ReiserFS in 2.3.99?
  • From: moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Moritz Schulte)
  • Date: Fri May 05 01:24:28 2000

On Thu, May 04, 2000 Steffen Moser wrote:

Ist denn wenigstens geplant, "reiserfs" so weiterzuentwickeln, dass die
unter Linux 2.2 erstellten Partitionen auch unter Linux 2.4 lesbar sein
werden?

Ausschnitt aus dem Announcement des ReiserFS-Patches für Linux 2.3.49
von Chris Mason in der Linux Kernel Maling List:

-----
Hello everyone,

[...]

This is beta code, and support for the disk format in our code for the
2.2. kernel is turned off right now (more on that below).

[...]

Big differences from our 2.2 code:

We've changed our stat data and the keys used to find objects in the
tree. We have code in place to support the old disk format, but we
concentrated on testing the new format first, so that compatibility
code
is disabled right now.

You won't be able to mount a 2.2 formatted disk with this patch. The
new
format was designed around making old format support easy, we are
committed to providing it once we are convinced the new code is solid.

[...]
-----

-HTH, moritz

--
Moritz Schulte - hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de/~moritz/, PGP Key available|