Re: [opensuse-conference] Machinery: Usability tests at OSC15
On Wed, 2015-04-22 at 20:07 +0200, Hans De Raad (OpenNovations) wrote:

Hi Hans,

Sounds like a great idea! Just a couple of questions from my end:

- does it have to be a dedicated room or could this happen in a dev room?

It doesn't necessarily have to be a separate room, as long as the "test
user" can focus enough on what is going on on the screen.

- does the room have any other specific requirements (light, network, sound,
etc)?

Network could be *very* useful, as we could setup some remote resources.
If not possible (or expected to be not reliable/slow) we could make the
whole environment virtualized/local.
Only thing is, we would need to know if there is or there isn't
connectivity just to prepare things accordingly.
Apart from that, perhaps would be great if we could avoid scheduling
this at the very beginning or end of the conference so to maximise the
attendees.

Looking forward to cooperate with you on this!

Thanks a lot for helping me out with this!

bye,
Federica