Re: [opensuse-conference] "About openSUSE Conference" paragraph
2013/6/24 Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Saturday 22 June 2013 18:46:46 Konstantinos Boukouvalas wrote:
I need to add a "About openSUSE Conference" paragraph at the end of
the PR in order to complete its syntax and announce the Exam Lab.

I searched the conference website for, but no luck. Can someone
provide me an official "about"? It is important since there is less
than a month to the oSC13.

Once I get that, I have to ask for a statement by Jim Lacey, LPI CEO
and we 're on the air!

See an example at the bottom of this PR:
http://www.lpi.org/news/lpi-joins-linux-foundation

Regards,
Kostas

Operations Manager
LPI MA Greece

The best we have, I think, is the following from
https://news.opensuse.org/2013/02/20/osc13-cfp :

============
About the openSUSE Conference 2013
The openSUSE conference is the annual gathering of the community which support
the openSUSE project together with other FOSS contributors and enthusiasts.
The event in Thessaloniki will be our 5th conference and we expect it to once
again be a great success. The talks, workshops and BoF sessions provide the
framework to exchange information and knowledge. In this framework we provide
a great atmosphere for collaboration and the creation of lasting connections
and memories.

The “Power to the Geeko” motto of this year’s conference connects us with the
past of our host country while looking into the future as we continue on our
way to changing the world.
===============

You should add the standard 'about openSUSE' blurp (from our release
announcements):
===============
About openSUSE
The openSUSE project is a worldwide effort that promotes the use of
Linux everywhere. openSUSE creates one of the world's best Linux
distributions, working together in an open, transparent and friendly
manner as part of the worldwide Free and Open Source Software community.
For more information, visit http://www.opensuse.org.

Cheers,

Thanks Jos! I've sent it to Scott Lamberton.

Great!

Regards