Re: [opensuse-conference] Questions about the Icinga workshop
  • From: differentreality <differentreality@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 21:01:04 +0300
On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Lars Vogdt <lrupp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Guys

Hey,

Thanks for accepting my proposed talks and the monitoring workshop!

I like to know if you have any concrete ideas especially for the
workshop - here is what I have in mind for it:

* Target: 8-15 people (pre-registration would be very appreciated! Can
this be marked on the final agenda?)

I have made a note of the pre-registration request to trello.
Agustin has informed me that some people from his team will work on
worskhop-related issues, so we can further discuss details about this
later on.

I guess, though, that depending on the day of the workshop, we could
do the pre-registration also on-site.

* can you provide a dedicated room for the 4 hours incl. Beamer and
whiteboard ?

If by dedicated you mean that you can stay in one place (room) for all
4 hours, then yes.

Workshop room will be set up with desks and chairs and is the room on
the groundfloor of our venue.
It has a projector, a projector "screen", mic, speakers.

I cannot promise a whiteboard but I have put it in our todo list in trello.

* Attendees should bring a Laptop with them, pre-installed with
openSUSE. We will install the latest packages from the
server:monitoring OBS repository locally. Can this be announced
together with the registration link for the workshop?

Could you please add the exact text you would like to be communicated
to attendees in your proposal description?

* We need a dedicated network for the "hands on" part. I want to avoid
a scan/monitoring of all the other attendees of the conference. I
guess a 16 port switch together with some cables should be ok.

We kinda have pretty much closed the subject of network, as the work
has to get started on the setup, however please check trello & the
email I had sent you about the network issue and let me know your
thoughts/comments.
I will relay your comments to the person in charge of setting up the
network and see what we can do. I guess the network won't be that much
of a problem.

All network equipment is sponsored, so we probably cannot find any
more switches, other than the ones we will use.
Either way, I will double check and let you know.

I might be able to take the hardware with me, just want to avoid
additional weight for my flight. :-)

with kind regards,
Lars

BTW: is there a packaging workshop planned for this year? If not, what
do you think if we should arrange some?

There is "OBS Packager Workshop" submitted by Henne.

--
Lars Vogdt <Lars.Vogdt@xxxxxxxx>
- OPS Engineering Services Team Lead -