Re: [opensuse-conference] Inform speakers about video recording/streaming
  • From: differentreality <differentreality@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 16:08:43 +0300
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/15/2013 07:50 AM, Stella Rouzi (differentreality) wrote:

Should we communicate during proposal acceptances that the speaker, by
confirming, agrees to be video recorded?

Yes

Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx
rschweik@xxxxxxxxxx
781-464-8147

We need to provision for the photographs taken throughout the
conference (not just talks), the video recording of talks/workshops
etc and the live streaming (of talks and possibly of the lobby too,
thus mentioning below "live streaming of the venue").

Native or more fluent english speakers could help phrase this correctly.

I am thinking something along these lines:

During the conference there will be live streaming of the venue, lots
of photographs and video recording of presentations (talks/workshops
etc). Please note that by confirming your proposal you agree to be
part of them.

And it should go right after the "... and to get going on your session
material" in the acceptance email.

This is how the acceptance email looks like now:

Hi {name},

we are very happy to inform you that your session proposal

"{eventtitle}"

has been accepted for {conference}. Congratulations! Now it's your
turn to confirm the session.

{proposalslink}

and to get going on your session material. If you're looking for
guidelines on great sessions check out
our tips and tricks!

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Conference_speaker_guidelines#Tips_and_tricks

We are looking forward to hear from you soon. Have fun,

Your {conference} team.

Now for the registrations, we could put sth up in the registration
page itself or in the 'successful registration' email:
PS. Please note that throughout the conference there will be live
streaming of the venue and lots of photographs taken. By joining us,
you agree to be present in them.

And for those interested the relevant task in trello is
https://trello.com/card/inform-speakers-and-attendees-about-video-recording-photos-which-are-publicly-distributed/50c9f6580355c5430700875a/18