Re: [opensuse-conference] Error when run Android Conference App
Hi Visitha Baddegama,

I would like to give my strength to the development of openSUSE
conference android app and fix bugs of it.

That's awesome and also welcome ;). As you are interested in the
development of the application you can find the corresponding task in
Trello [1] .

I downloaded the github
repo from https://github.com/mbarringer/suseconferenceclient and tried
to import it to my Eclipse IDE. But I couldn't import it as an Android
project.

The best way to run the application via Eclipse is to :

a) Clone the repository [2]

b) In Eclipse : File -> Import -> Android -> Existing Android Code
into Workspace

press "Next" and then "Browse" so as to find the folder where you
cloned the repository. After that press "Finish".

c) Once the project is imported you cannot run it because you will see
errors related with the missing library ("ActionBarSherlock")

d) Download and uncompress the tar file found here [3]

e) It is a good idea to install (via the Android SDK Manager) the
Google API for the Android Version you wish to run the application.

f) Import (with the same way as in Step (b) ) the folder called
"JakeWharton-ActionBarSherlock-e5c2d1c/library"

g) In Eclipse : Go to package explorer , right-click on the folder
called "HomeActivity" ->Properties ->Android -> Click the checkbox
"Is Library" and then press the button "Add" so as to import the
library from the folder. After that Apply the changes.

h) Don't forge to create a AVD Machine via the Android Virtual Device
Manager so as to run your application ;)

k) Go to package explorer , right-click on the folder called
"HomeActivity" -> Run as -> Android Application

Hope that this mini how-to will help you ;)

Please guide me to build this project.
Then I can contribute to this project asap.

If you need more help you can ping on irc
(#opensuse-conference,#opensuse-project) or use Trello.

When you are ready to contribute just let me know so as to add you as
a collaborator in the github repo.

Thanks for your interest ,

Have a lot of fun,

Ilias R.

[1] https://trello.com/c/BPVEtJwZ

[2] https://github.com/athanrous/suseconferenceclient

[3] https://api.github.com/repos/JakeWharton/ActionBarSherlock/tarball/4.3.1

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 12:20 PM, Visitha Baddegama