Re: [opensuse-conference] Sponsorship brochure needed
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:48:07 +0100
On Tuesday 29 January 2013 09:21:52 Robert Schweikert wrote:
Hi,

On 01/29/2013 05:44 AM, Izabel Valverde wrote:

<snip>

> > Hey all,
> >
> > the idea is to have this done for FOSDEM.

Well, I think this will be out of our control. While working on the
conference announcement some of us have learned that the Sponsorship
brochure constitutes a legal offer and thus form the basis of a legally
binding contract. This implies that the sponsorship brochure will need
legal review and approval.

I think Jos is working on that part.

> > I am told that Michal is the person that can take care of printing
> > it
> > as soon as it is ready. What is the deadline for sendig it to you,
> > Michal?
> >
> > SUSE will be our Platinum/Cornerstone sponsor (Which name do you

prefer?).

> > So the rest of the levels should be Gold - Silver - Bronze I guess.
> > (And perhaps it is too late to come up with something more creative
> > for the sponsor-level naming)
> >
> > Also we have the idea to offer recruiting possibilities to

sponsors, meaning:
> > Sponsors that are interested in hiring new people can let us know.
> > Attendees who want to be interviewed by our sponsors can let us
> > know,
> > through their registration (which might require them to upload a CV
> > etc).
> > We give the info of registered attendees looking for a job to our
> > sponsors, small interview sessions are arranged.
> > We will offer the small 15-people room for that, for a couple of
> > hours
> > for one or two days, depending on the number of people interested.

I would say we should keep our fingers out of the "recruiting game".
There's nothing wrong with us providing a central location for people to
post jobs and resumes with contact info and advertize the "jobs board".
But, IMHO, we should not take the role of active facilitator.

> > Other than that, I need some help with the text of the brochure.
> >
> > 1. Do sponsors actually give 10k? What's the past experience? I am
> > told that it might not be so realistic to have 1rst level at 10k
> > and
> > maybe we should make it 5k.
> >
> > 2. Lowest level of sponsorship, do you think it should stay 1k?

Yes.

> > 500
> > euro might be too little - or not? (Bearing in mind we also have
> > professional tickets that cost 200 euro)
> >
> > 3. I will work on separating what we give for each level of
> > sponsoring
> >
> > Any help of course is appreciated.
> >
> > BTW, this is the last day I can practically work on that (I am
> > flying
> > at 6am tomorrow for Brussels) and I am not sure if I will manage to
> > be
> > online for some time even from my mobile.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Stella
>
> Robert I think you made these changes in the sponsors brochure:
>
> Sponsor promotional advertising visible throughout the event location
>
> What is this supposed to include?

I figured we can have a sign in each room that shows the logos of our
sponsors.

I learned after I modified the document that this ends up as a legally
binding document and thus the more casual approach we have taken so far
will probably not fly. I suspect we will need to spell out at each level
exactly what a sponsor gets.

> At first I thought it was the video part playing at the entrance of
> the venue but that's No 9.
> --

> To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-conference+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx

<mailto:opensuse-conference%2Bowner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey all,

I'll work on brochure tonight.

The plan is to have ready to print on Thursday afternoon.

I didn't like much how it is but I will try my best to keep into 2 pages
to assure 1 peace of paper.

@Stella deal?

For later...
@Robert can you correct my engish mistakes?

I'll be happy to review. However, keep in mind that we might end up with
something completely different.

In terms of the specific things we offer, maybe. But overall, I think
letting Agustin have a look is probably gonna be enough.

In any case, on the look and feel of it: I just added a layout proposal for
the designer (Carlos?) on the bottom (third page). I'd love to hear
feedback.

That's for the side with 'offers', the side with 'about openSUSE' is
something the artists will have to work out - I do suggest to cut the amount
of text on the 'about openSUSE side' in half so the artists actually have
space for logo's and pictures ;-)

Cheers,
Jos

Later,