Re: [opensuse-conference] Sponsorship brochure needed
Hi,

On 01/29/2013 05:44 AM, Izabel Valverde wrote:

<snip>

> > Hey all,
> >
> > the idea is to have this done for FOSDEM.

Well, I think this will be out of our control. While working on the conference announcement some of us have learned that the Sponsorship brochure constitutes a legal offer and thus form the basis of a legally binding contract. This implies that the sponsorship brochure will need legal review and approval.

I think Jos is working on that part.

> > I am told that Michal is the person that can take care of printing it
> > as soon as it is ready. What is the deadline for sendig it to you,
> > Michal?
> >
> > SUSE will be our Platinum/Cornerstone sponsor (Which name do you
prefer?).
> > So the rest of the levels should be Gold - Silver - Bronze I guess.
> > (And perhaps it is too late to come up with something more creative
> > for the sponsor-level naming)
> >
> > Also we have the idea to offer recruiting possibilities to
sponsors, meaning:
> > Sponsors that are interested in hiring new people can let us know.
> > Attendees who want to be interviewed by our sponsors can let us know,
> > through their registration (which might require them to upload a CV
> > etc).
> > We give the info of registered attendees looking for a job to our
> > sponsors, small interview sessions are arranged.
> > We will offer the small 15-people room for that, for a couple of hours
> > for one or two days, depending on the number of people interested.

I would say we should keep our fingers out of the "recruiting game". There's nothing wrong with us providing a central location for people to post jobs and resumes with contact info and advertize the "jobs board". But, IMHO, we should not take the role of active facilitator.

> > Other than that, I need some help with the text of the brochure.
> >
> > 1. Do sponsors actually give 10k? What's the past experience? I am
> > told that it might not be so realistic to have 1rst level at 10k and
> > maybe we should make it 5k.
> >
> > 2. Lowest level of sponsorship, do you think it should stay 1k?

Yes.

> > 500
> > euro might be too little - or not? (Bearing in mind we also have
> > professional tickets that cost 200 euro)
> >
> > 3. I will work on separating what we give for each level of sponsoring
> >
> > Any help of course is appreciated.
> >
> > BTW, this is the last day I can practically work on that (I am flying
> > at 6am tomorrow for Brussels) and I am not sure if I will manage to be
> > online for some time even from my mobile.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Stella
>
> Robert I think you made these changes in the sponsors brochure:
>
> Sponsor promotional advertising visible throughout the event location
>
> What is this supposed to include?

I figured we can have a sign in each room that shows the logos of our sponsors.

I learned after I modified the document that this ends up as a legally binding document and thus the more casual approach we have taken so far will probably not fly. I suspect we will need to spell out at each level exactly what a sponsor gets.

> At first I thought it was the video part playing at the entrance of
> the venue but that's No 9.
> --
<mailto:opensuse-conference%2Bowner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey all,

I'll work on brochure tonight.

The plan is to have ready to print on Thursday afternoon.

I didn't like much how it is but I will try my best to keep into 2 pages
to assure 1 peace of paper.

@Stella deal?

For later...
@Robert can you correct my engish mistakes?

I'll be happy to review. However, keep in mind that we might end up with something completely different.

Later,
Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx