Re: [opensuse-conference] Re: [opensuse-artwork] artwork for FOSDEM
  • From: Kostas Koudaras <warlordfff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:41:26 +0200
2013/1/27 Carlos Ribeiro <carlosribeiro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
here we go...

2013/1/25 Carlos Ribeiro <carlosribeiro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

2013/1/24 Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Heya,

Alberto (SUSE employee at the openSUSE team) has tested printing some of the
poster proposals as well as the folding cube and tux that Carlos proposed. I
then had a chat with Agustin about the budget possibilities. The results:

* ChamaleonBust_white - PERFECT
http://wstaw.org/m/2013/01/21/ChameleonBust_white.png
Needs feedback - it's simple to print but I'm guessing nobody likes it
much... Should we bother with this one?

https://picasaweb.google.com/104830275042059445407/OpenSUSECube02
* cube - Colors are good, the size is really small on a4
Needs updating for oSC and (later) for openSUSE 12.3 ;-)
No problem. Which size instead of a4 are you think about? as I imagine
reading about the tux paper, I believe you are talking about a3 paper
size, right?

Version01
https://picasaweb.google.com/104830275042059445407/OSC13#5837990771495991090
Version02
https://picasaweb.google.com/104830275042059445407/OSC13#5837995995721319746

http://paste.opensuse.org/60269859
* tux - small, colors ok. size needs to be a3 like cube.
Needs updating for oSC and oS 12.3 (later)
OK
Version01
https://picasaweb.google.com/104830275042059445407/OSC13#5837979989167667682
Version02
https://picasaweb.google.com/104830275042059445407/OSC13#5837993899879565362

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/Poster4_zps3db5ca16.png
* poster4 Nearly perfect. Dark, but no dust or granularity in the background
We can print them if you're all OK with it.

https://plus.google.com/photos/104830275042059445407/albums/5833447105439836673/5836469661330058898?banner=pwa

Carlos just one thing here, in dates you write 12-22 July, please make
it 18-22 :D

* poster.png (white tower) - Colors are ok, the background has some dust, is
granular and not as smooth as in the image.
Needs a bit of updating: lighter image, smoother?
No problem.
But It is a gimp layered file, so there is no svg file, ;-)
I used my brother's computer when I did this one, and I forgive to
copy the source file to some online storage, but tomorrow morning, in
about 5 hours from now I will be with him and able to do fix this one.

We can print everything and we have budget for say 2x10 big and 2x20 small
posters and a nice bunch of folding things (say 100 or so of each).

What we need now is final versions of everything to be printed by SUNDAY,
Jan
27 24:00.
OK

Carlos, if you can update the cube and tux things with an oSC design,
before sunday I send the source files with the desired modifications
to you guys, I hope I have time to do today, but for sure before
deadline will be ready
Tux was done and uploaded the source files to trello
Cube was done but the limit size of upload 10 MB i trello does not
allow me to upload the source file that have 18 MB

andi and/or others have ideas on how and what - then we can print those. I
do need SVG versions in A3/A4 so we can generate the right PDF's in terms of
size and CMYK etc requirements...
tux paper = inkscape + gimp, final file format inkscape
Cube = inkscape + gimp, final file format inkscape
Image tower = inkscape + gimp, final file format gimp
done, files are updated to trello

Andi, Poster4 is perfect so we can print those. I saw some want it more
greenish and all - you fight it out and send me a SVG on A3 format by the
deadline and I'll get it printed ;-)

Tell me if we should print the white one.

For a postcard I think the 'summer is coming' from Carlos is incredibly
cool: http://wstaw.org/m/2013/01/24/Summer-is-coming_05.jpg
It's black and white, I'm sure we can print it. But it, too, needs svg...
And postcard size.
inkscape + gimp, final file format gimp
wich size and resolution needed?
same as above I'm not with my brother's computer in my hands now, that
I used to produce it, in few hours I upload the source file from
Summer-is-coming_05.jpg

So my proposal is:
* Andi finishes and sends the poster he designed to me
* Carlos talks to others here and works with them to update the folding
thingies with oSC artwork. Separate openSUSE 12.3 artwork versions and a new
yeap

OBS one we keep for later :D
* Carlos cleans up the summer-is-coming and gets me a SVG of that for
postcards
gimp file format, could be?

* I make sure it all gets printed
* we have a big, virtual grouphug at FOSDEM about this :D

What about it, can we make oSC promo kick ass at FOSDEM?
at least unforgetable and lessons learned for the next time, year.
that will be awesome :D

/Jos

http://opensuse.gr http://os-el.gr
http://amb.opensuse.gr http://www.kde.gr