  • From: Andy anditosan <anditosan1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 08:08:21 -0700
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 23 January 2013 17:51:44 Andres Silva wrote:
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 23 January 2013 13:43:55 Andy Silva wrote:
On Wednesday 16 January 2013 21:41:30 Andres Silva wrote:
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Andres Silva
<anditosan1000@xxxxxxxxx>

wrote:
k henne. I get your idea. Will work on it! :)

Andy (anditosan)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 16, 2013, at 3:58 AM, Henne Vogelsang
<hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wrote:
Andy,

On 16.01.2013 02:11, Andres Silva wrote:
Here is the latest version of the Chameleon as suggested by
henne and
differentreality. I tried to mimic a simple smile on the
geeko.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/ChameleonS
mil
e_zps6
edb7717.png>>

Hm I don't think that's it, it's still looking very grave. I
think
you
need to turn the corner of the mouth more upwards.

Forgive my crude hack, but like this:

http://susepaste.org/images/25120798.png

Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org

Ok, here is another version with a more pronounced smile for this
possible logo.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/ChameleonSmile_z
ps2
d5cc 6ec.png

Is this then the logo you are going with? What other marketing
elements are expected to be created? Such as banners, business
cards,
brochures, etc?

As this is now the logo, could you upload the SVG to github if you
have
not, already?

And, either from you or anyone else, is there a poster for oSC13
already? If we want to print things in time for the largest Free
Software conference in Europe (that'd be FOSDEM) we need something
within a few days.

Suggested text for poster:

openSUSE Conference 2013
Power to the Geeko
Thessaloniki, Greece
July 18-22 2013
conference.opensuse.org

(not everything has to be on there in all cases but I strongly
suggest
to at least have the date, location and website on it. But be
creative.)

/Jos

Thank you

Andy (anditosan)

I already uploaded the sources for the logo to github. But I have not
created a poster. I can work on that. Assign me a card on trello and
that
will remind me of making that for you.

Done!

Andy (anditosan)

Worked on a design that was suggested. Please take a look at these
variations and tell me if they work.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/Poster4_zps3db5ca16.png

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/Poster3_zps90b7c197.png

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/Poster2_zps822d6340.png

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/Poster1_zps0f0bd876.png

One issue with them: 4 fonts in one poster is a bit much... someone compared
it to 'teen love letters'...

Thank you
Andy (anditosan)

Carlos also made some cool ideas. Take a look at what he published on
trello. I could make some changes to mine, but Carlos worked on others
too. So take a look.