  • From: "Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)" <iefstathios@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:40:02 +0200
Στις 17/01/2013 12:31 μμ, ο/η Jos Poortvliet έγραψε:
On Wednesday 16 January 2013 21:41:30 Andres Silva wrote:
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Andres Silva <anditosan1000@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
k henne. I get your idea. Will work on it! :)

Andy (anditosan)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 16, 2013, at 3:58 AM, Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Andy,

On 16.01.2013 02:11, Andres Silva wrote:
Here is the latest version of the Chameleon as suggested by henne and
differentreality. I tried to mimic a simple smile on the geeko.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/ChameleonSmile_zps6
edb7717.png>>
Hm I don't think that's it, it's still looking very grave. I think you
need to turn the corner of the mouth more upwards.

Forgive my crude hack, but like this:

http://susepaste.org/images/25120798.png

Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org

Ok, here is another version with a more pronounced smile for this possible
logo.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/ChameleonSmile_zps2d5cc
6ec.png

Is this then the logo you are going with? What other marketing
elements are expected to be created? Such as banners, business cards,
brochures, etc?
Most urgently, we need a poster design probably most - with date, location
etc on it. Incl the 'Power to the Geeko' slogan. Would really have to be
ready end of next week - so we can print a bunch and bring them to FOSDEM!

Maybe a small and a large version - something which works on a postcard-
format and something that works A3 (that's approx double letter in crazy-
world-format, I believe). If those are in SVG we can adopt them to other
sizes where needed (as esp US and the rest of the world have different paper
formats).

A banner for the website (probably similar banners like we had last year)
would be helpful too - but if we have one base banner design in SVG it is
again not too hard to adopt.

Cheers,
Jos

It'll be cool if you use some ancient greek fonts. I made a file of some fonts I have. Check it out:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53534387/ancient_fonts.pdf

I wrote openSUSE and use size 18. Then I changed the fonts.

Take care,
Stathis

--
http://about.me/iosifidis