2013/1/14 Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hey Stathis, Stella,

it's understandable that you like Thessaloniki, your city, and it's
landmarks and monuments. One's own home always evokes a lot of feelings.

But if it's not your home and you haven't even been to the place, the
white tower is just some old tower and the promenade is just a street by
the sea. Unless you're into castles and water-side-architecture they
won't evoke any big feelings from you.

The vast majority of people to come to oSC13 will not be from
Thessaloniki or even Greece so using landmarks as theme for the
conference doesn't make much sense.

It should be something anybody from anywhere can connect to.
+1
Exactly my personal point of view, the oSC13 is organised in Greece
but it is organised by the WHOLE openSUSE community and although the
artwork could be Greek related this is not the cental idea of this,
the central idea is the openSUSE community.
Excuse my absence from the conversation, is just that one day after
the funeral I had a fracture on my left leg, my internet connection
lost due to works on the network on my territory untill this morning,
going to work on light service so that I will be able to make it to
FOSDEM and the Hackathon and other similar stories of good luck.
I will be on today's meeting though (At least I hope so, there is
always the possibility for a meteorite to fall onto my head) :D
You are allowed to fall, you must stand up
Kostas

Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org

http://opensuse.gr http://os-el.gr