  • From: Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 10:46:06 -0500
On 01/09/2013 09:26 AM, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Wednesday 09 January 2013 14:50:42 Stella Rouzi wrote:
Hey all,

CFP announcement is ready (or at least drafted in a final stage) from
the Program Committee (Robert really did the actual work) and can be
found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10kZwx25AgyyLv3xxbD1VHyqaQULdxv89zprxg
lcKua0/edit

Cool. Based on that and the proposed theme I wrote this:

https://news.opensuse.org/?p=14908&preview=true

I like the general drift of the intro, however, IMHO the intro would mesh better with the conference announcement to the world than the CfP. I think the CfP should not have much, if any intro. By the time someone gets to the CfP the person should already know about the conference, thus there is no reason to tie the CfP into a bigger theme with an intro. The CfP should be reasonably short and focus on the dates and topics with as little fluff as possible.

My $0.02
Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx