  • From: "Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)" <iefstathios@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 19:26:33 +0200
Στις 08/01/2013 06:15 μμ, ο/η Robert Schweikert έγραψε:
On 01/08/2013 10:41 AM, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hey,

On 08.01.2013 15:53, Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 01/08/2013 08:08 AM, Henne Vogelsang wrote:

before we, in the promo team, can get anything done we need a theme and
motto for the conference. It's the starting point for everything: Logo,
website, posters etc.

The motto should reflect what we emphasize at oSC13 and the theme should
reflect how oSC13 will feel. To explain what I mean look at the last
couple of events we held:
<snip>

My personal suggestion would be:

Motto: Power to the Geeko.

I like it, "Power to the Geeko"

A variant of "Power to the People" [1].
Emphasize the empowerment that you so easily get in openSUSE.
Theme: Politics, Greek Democracy, Greece

I'd rather stay away from politics or terms that imply politics, how about

Ok

Summer Fun, Beach, Freedom, Greece

as theme?

That collides with the summit which also will happen again this year as
far as I can see.

Hmm, the summit is in November, but I can certainly see how a "Summer" and "Tropical" theme could collide.

That's why I would stay away from summer and beach. I
also think it's not a very good fit for the the motto...

What do you guys think about the port, dock workers, unions etc?

port - sounds good to me in reference to location
(Thessaloniki is a port city) and it also implies a certain
international flair

Not too thrilled about doc workers and unions. Unions is a heavily politicized topic, at least in the US, and "doc workers" reminds me of hard grunt work. How about:

play - Thessaloniki will be the European Youth Capital in 2014 [1], thus
this would play in with a future cultural event of our host city
and also pays homage to the SUSE motto

think - Thessaloniki is home to Aristotle University [2] and of course
we want to have people think before they send their SRs to
factory ;)

Later,
Robert

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Youth_Capital
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thessaloniki

Hello from me,

Maybe combined with Robert's.

History: You know that Thessaloniki has tons of history behind. Can also combine with computer related (maybe how SuSE started etc).

Present (or play): Same as Robert's

Future: Focus on technology and that's what the moto Power to the Geeko is all about.

Stathis

--
http://about.me/iosifidis
http://eiosifidis.blogspot.gr