On 08.01.2013 15:53, Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 01/08/2013 08:08 AM, Henne Vogelsang wrote:

before we, in the promo team, can get anything done we need a theme and
motto for the conference. It's the starting point for everything: Logo,
website, posters etc.

The motto should reflect what we emphasize at oSC13 and the theme should
reflect how oSC13 will feel. To explain what I mean look at the last
couple of events we held:
<snip>

My personal suggestion would be:

Motto: Power to the Geeko.

I like it, "Power to the Geeko"

A variant of "Power to the People" [1].
Emphasize the empowerment that you so easily get in openSUSE.
Theme: Politics, Greek Democracy, Greece

I'd rather stay away from politics or terms that imply politics, how about

Ok

Summer Fun, Beach, Freedom, Greece

as theme?

That collides with the summit which also will happen again this year as
far as I can see. That's why I would stay away from summer and beach. I
also think it's not a very good fit for the the motto...

What do you guys think about the port, dock workers, unions etc?

Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org