  • From: Kostas Koudaras <warlordfff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 17:13:28 +0200
2013/1/8 Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx>:
On 01/08/2013 08:08 AM, Henne Vogelsang wrote:

Hey,

before we, in the promo team, can get anything done we need a theme and
motto for the conference. It's the starting point for everything: Logo,
website, posters etc.

The motto should reflect what we emphasize at oSC13 and the theme should
reflect how oSC13 will feel. To explain what I mean look at the last
couple of events we held:

<snip>

My personal suggestion would be:

Motto: Power to the Geeko.

I like it, "Power to the Geeko"

A variant of "Power to the People" [1].

Emphasize the empowerment that you so easily get in openSUSE.
Theme: Politics, Greek Democracy, Greece

I'd rather stay away from politics or terms that imply politics, how about

Summer Fun, Beach, Freedom, Greece

as theme?

Robert

I would also prefer "Power to the Geeko" since I find it a bit
symbolic for this years conference :D
Also people from the Artwork Team there is an idea on Trello about
making a promo T-shirt with the moto "Summer is comming - oSC13 -
Greece" any ideas on that? I would really like to have people running
around FOSDEM and other Events with those T-shirts, if you like the
idea and someone can work on this, take a look at:
https://trello.com/board/promo/50c9f627390884e80700997e "T-Shirts for
promotion to communities"
Kostas

Tech Lead