Re: [opensuse-summit] Re: [opensuse-conference] openSUSE Conference (maybe summit as well) blog badges
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:48:31 -0500
Ping Pascal (Yaloki) or send an email to admin@ if you don't get a
response. Maybe someone there knows the full details.

Thanks!

On Wed, 2012-07-18 at 11:47 -0500, Shayon Mukherjee wrote:
Sure, where is the code hosted btw?
Shayon

On Monday, July 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:

On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 11:23 -0500, Shayon Mukherjee wrote:
oh I see. Well I am not sure, if i can update/create any graphics.
will update if I can one soon :)

In my opinion, the artwork itself can be used the same for both
badges
and countdown banners. The only difference is that the countdown
banner
has a number superimposed on it that changes daily.

Shayon, perhaps you can look at the code that Pascal (yaloki)
developed
for our past countdowns and see if it can be enhanced to support
three
banners in sliding door effect? This would be a much more permanent
and
long-lasting contribution as we'll undoubtedly have many more events
countdown as we continue to grow as a community.

E.g., we're not counting down and drawing attention to the Greek
openSUSE Camp or COSCUP-openSUSE. That can be remedied with more
effective countdown software.

Bryen